When a couple decides that they want to be parents, it is logical that they think that the arrival of the pregnancy will be quick and that it will not take long to achieve it without problem. Actually, the reality is different. Difficulties in achieving a pregnancy are much more common than we think. With waiting comes concern, and with it the need to go to a fertility clinic.
Today, 90% of these couples find a solution to their problem thanks to Assisted Reproduction with techniques such as artificial insemination, In Vitro Fertilization (IVF / ICSI) or egg donation. Therefore, if you have been trying a pregnancy for a year without success and you are thinking of going to a fertility doctor we will help you in all this process.
Primera visita, paso a paso:
La primera visita es una toma de contacto para conocer la clínica y el equipo médico, en ella se llevará a cabo:
• Entrevista con el especialista, con el fin de obtener información que será de gran utilidad para un diagnóstico correcto, el ginecólogo preguntará detalles como la edad de los pacientes, antecedentes personales y familiares, hábitos de alimentación y régimen de vida y será necesario conocer la historia ginecológica de la mujer: edad de su primera regla, ciclo menstrual, si las reglas producen dolor o son demasiado abundantes…si se produce dolor con las relaciones sexuales, si ha tenido o no embarazos o abortos…Todo ello dará una idea al especialista sobre posibles enfermedades de origen femenino ligadas a la problemas de esterilidad como pueden ser la endometriosis o síndrome del ovario poliquístico entre las más conocidas.
First visit, step by step:
The first visit is an initial contact to know the clinic and the medical team, it consists of:
• • Interview with the specialist, in order to obtain information that will be very useful for a correct diagnosis, the gynecologist will ask personal details such as the age of the patients, personal and family history, eating habits and lifestyle. It will be also necessary to know the gynecological history of the woman: age of her first period, menstrual cycle, if the menstruation produce pain or are too abundant, if pain occurs with intercourses, if she has or has not had pregnancies or miscarriages, etc. All this information will give the specialist an idea on possible diseases of female origin linked to sterility problems such as endometriosis or polycystic ovary syndrome among the best known.
• Transvaginal ultrasound to assess the initial state of the uterus, ovaries, tubes, the presence or not of fibroids, endometriosis, hydrosalpinx, or other possible alterations. This ultrasound will also help us to assess the ovarian reserve and it will be decided whether to add additional tests to those initially necessary for a correct diagnosis.
• Sperm test in order to assess whether the sperm sample is normal or needs some type of help to achieve the pregnancy, the doctor will request a sperm analysis.
• Screenings. Finally, the specialist will request the necessary blood tests to rule out infectious diseases, a hormonal test, the assessment of anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH), and genetic tests if necessary, such as, for example, a study of the karyotype or cystic fibrosis of one or both members of the couple.
Once all the tests have been carried out, the gynecologist and the embryologists will study your personal situation and will be able to recommend the fertility treatment (artificial insemination, in vitro fertilization (IVF / ICSI) or egg donation) that is the most appropriate in your case.
We hope this information is interesting for you, if you have any questions or want to start a treatment with us, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or filling out the contact form on our website: https://www.centromedicomanzanera.com/en/formulario_en/
Sonia Lumbreras Álvarez